books i've read this year

Brandon's bookshelf: books-for-2nd-nine-weeks

FallenThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's NestThe Girl Who Played with FireThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)Saving the World and Other Extreme SportsThe Final Warning

More of Brandon's books »
Brandon's books-for-2nd-nine-weeks book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Monday, December 6, 2010

make a stand

I wonder why so many people like watching someone else getting hurt. I can’t understand the mentality of a person who sees some human being in pain, and smiles about it. Like what happens in Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games. A boy and girl from each of the 12 distracts are sent to the Capitol to partake in the Hunger Games which is a fight to the death to remind everyone that the Capitol is stronger than they are. So while people as young as 12 go to the games and are brutally murdered on live T.V., people in the Capitol sit and watch them die while they talk about it like it’s no big deal. Sure people are dying, but they don’t care as long as they have entertainment.
People can be so cruel sometimes. Like the countless bullies across the U.S. making fun of and beating up kids who are weaker than them just for the fun of it, and to show there dominance over the weak like in The Hunger Games. I can’t fathom why someone would want  to harm someone for the fun of it. It’s just barbaric. I  will admit that I do like the UFC and other MMA organizations, but they are trained professionals who what they are doing ad when to stop. They don’t just find someone weaker than them  and beat them to a bloody pulp.
I don’t know how I would react to being sent to the Hunger Games or watching  it on T.V.  but I know for certain I wouldn’t be the least impressed or amused by people be forced to slaughter one another because our government is on some huge ego trip.I hope the people who are reading this understands what I’m saying. Don’t bully people, help the weak and needy whenever possible, and don’t let people walk all over you because they think they have the right to ‘cause they’re bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment